Wednesday, May 12, 2010

On Top of Spaghetti!

When I was trying to come up with a title for tonight's blog and mentioned the above title to Woody, he started singing the song in French! Woody got up early, went to work, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more, and then came home to rest and relax.

I actually woke up with a bit more energy than I have had since returning from Maryland. I finally attacked some of the wash that had accumulated due to the trip. Once I got a load of wash going, I decided that I would make spaghetti sauce for our supper. I usually make meat sauce...but for some reason I decided that I wanted meatballs this time. I hadn't made meatballs for our spaghetti in years...it is so much easier to just make meat sauce...plus we decided some time ago that we like meat sauce better since we get meat in every bite. So this time I made meat sauce with half of the meat and then meatballs with the other half. By making the sauce this morning, all I had to do for supper was warm up the sauce, cook the spaghetti, and make a salad. I managed to get a couple of loads of clothes washed and dried before lunch. Then after I ate some lunch, I headed off to run an errand and then went to work in the church library. I worked on processing books for a couple of hours...and then my "steam" ran out. I headed home and took a nap till it was time to put the finishing touches on supper. And...we did enjoy our spaghetti with meat sauce and meatballs.

Shortly I will have to put on my nurse's hat and change the dressing on the place where the surgical drain had been...oh, boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment