Friday, May 14, 2010

Girl and Boy Cheese Sandwiches

There is a story behind the title of this blog. When Graham was first learning to talk, he stayed with us for a few days while his parents were away. I was trying to decide what we would have for lunch one day and asked him if he liked grilled cheese sandwiches. He, in no uncertain terms, told me that he liked "boy cheese" sandwiches and not "girl cheese" sandwiches. I will never forget when it finally dawned on me what he had said...good for a very big chuckle at the time! So that term has stuck...though, he now knows that they are grilled...we still have fun making "boy cheese" for the boys and "girl cheese" for the girls. I took care of Graham, Abigail, Joy, and Esther for most of the day today and we had "girl and boy cheese" sandwiches for lunch...along with fruit salad that they made...I gave them sections of an orange, slices of apple and part of a banana and they cut up the pieces to make their own fruit salad...this was Graham's idea...an activity that they all enjoyed...both the cutting and the eating! Graham spent most of the day working on a large K'nex roller coaster. The girls played with toys in the toy closet. Abigail and Graham also did some school work. AND, we read a LOT of fairy tales...the old fashioned kind from the fairy tale Childcraft book that dates back to my childhood. A busy, but fun, day! I will admit to being rather tired...I wonder why!

Woody got up early, went to work, worked, walked at lunch, worked some more, and then came home to help me with the children and to rest and relax. He has been working on cross word puzzles...I have been helping him...minimally! Woody's surgical wounds seem to be healing nicely...the steristrips are starting to come off and I think that it won't be long till we won't have to put a dressing on the drain wound. Then he will be free of tape! I had forgotten till the other night that he had had problems with an allergic reaction to tape at the time of his shoulder surgery. I think the sooner he is free of tape...the better...I'm sure that he will agree!

No comments:

Post a Comment