Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

I really didn't have a picture to go with tonight's blog title...so decided to post a picture that I took at one of the Virginia rest stops...it's one that Woody really liked...so this picture is for him! I left him a little over an hour ago. He was waiting on his dinner to be delivered. I took the last shuttle leaving NIH for our hotel...so left around 6:20. Got back to our hotel and headed up to our room. I went to get some ice so I could enjoy a cold ginger ale a little later...and what! NO ICE! Oh, well...I decided to come down to the lobby to use the wireless service that they provide here. I also arranged for a wake-up call in the morning...I will sleep better knowing that they will call. I will set the alarm, too. I decided to look at the menu in the restaurant that is off the lobby...I saw people using their laptops in here last night so decided to give it a try. So I am sitting here blogging and eating a bowl of minestrone soup and some delicious bread.

Woody is ensconced in his hospital room. It has taken most of the day to get everything done for the pre-op stuff. They would say..."go do this and then you will have free time." Well, we heard that several times before he really did have free time. We walked around the campus of NIH...Woody was trying to find the Metro station because we thought that was where the shuttle would drop me off in the morning...we did find it...but since getting back I have found out that the hotel shuttle will drop me off at the clinic/hospital building.

Woody is the first surgery in the morning...8am. He will be taken to the "holding area" between 7:15 and 7:30am. Luckily a shuttle leaves here at 6:30am and it only takes minutes to get from here to NIH. The nurse showed me where I was to go if I miss him in his room...I think that I will be still looking for him tomorrow night at this time if I have to go on my own! So I want to be there to follow him to wherever they take him! Then I will wait in the waiting room (they show me!).

I'll report tomorrow night as to how things go. We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment