Monday, May 24, 2010

It's the growing season...

... for both tomatoes and cells from Woody's tumor. I got a call from the NIH doctor a little before noon. He said that the cells that they want to grow have started growing. So now we are waiting for a call from the research nurse to set up an appointment for Woody to come have scans and lab work done. The doctor said that after those are done we will come home for about a week and then go back for the three week period.

Woody got up early, went to work, worked, walked at lunch, then worked some more and some more...as he put in a 10-hour day today. The electricity is going to be out in his building on Friday so he plans to put in 10-hour days for four days this week and take Friday off. Seems strange to have him come home two hours later than usual.

I haven't felt the best today. I think that it is my Transverse Myelitis rearing its head due to a weather change. At first it was just my back that felt funny, but then it went to arms aching, etc. I checked and sure enough there was a change in the barometric pressure...it was dropping. Weather forecast said that there is a chance of showers tomorrow...guess I feel them coming. So I have just taken it easy today. And, a good day to take it easy, as it has been hot here today...Weather Bug says that it reached 91 deg. F.

Now to wait for the nurse to call...hope that I will be able to report on that call tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment