Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day! May Day!

May has come in like a lion...oh, that saying goes with March and not May. But it was true for May 1, none the less. We've had the storm warning sirens go off, due to us having a tornado warning. At the moment, that threat has passed us by. But more storms to come...I think.

Woody got up early and walked his 8 mile route. He mowed a little before the rains started. He has spent the rest of the day watching it rain! This morning I made a breakfast casserole to take to the brunch that my Sunday School class was having. I enjoyed good fellowship and good food!

I borrowed some suitcases from Nathan and Kathy...they are lighter and a bit easier to maneuver than ours. I've got our wash done...now to get motivated to pack. Every time that I think about packing I get overwhelmingly tired! I was packing last week at this time...I'm just not ready to begin again! Woody just said that I should let him pack...I think not! I have managed to find Woody's Living Will and Power of Attorney...guess they will probably ask for that at the hospital since he is having surgery. I'm trying to remember everything that we need and not take a lot of things that we won't. I'm not known for being able to pack lightly...but trying hard to do better!

Our neighbors (aka Nathan, Kathy and family) came over for a while and brought us some treats to take on our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment