Friday, May 7, 2010

Sprung!

Woody was dismissed from the hospital mid-afternoon. Once we got the ball rolling, it was easy to get out...once we finally found the doctor and he said that Woody was free to go...he was free to go...we just had to walk out...no paper work...no wheel chair ride!

We are now eating salads in the hotel restaurant, while I blog and Woody does a crossword puzzle.

I got instructions on removing dressings, cleaning wounds, emptying the drain, and the the three S's of removing the drain! I am NOT a nurse...would have never been my chosen profession...and it still isn't! This too will pass! I'm not sure if this is the "for better or worse" or "in sickness or in health" part of our marriage vows!

Woody is doing very well. I just hope that he isn't doing more than he should. Guess time will tell. We plan to leave in the morning...and get on down the road as far as possible...playing everything by ear.

1 comment:

  1. I too would never choose nursing but I gave shots in the tummy at one time. Also cared for a Hickman catheter. Hang in there you're doing fine. Both of you are in our prayers. Earlene

    ReplyDelete