Friday, May 28, 2010

Change in plans!

We both got up early. Woody watched morning news programs and worked on crossword puzzles. I put a collar on Graham's shirt. Then a little after we 8am, we headed off to my doctor appointment...about 45min. to an hour away. It was good to see her. She had lived here in Tullahoma and gone to church with us and then moved away about a year ago and started up a practice in McMinnville. We chose to stay with her as our personal care physician since she knows our medical history. I have to go every six months for blood work due to some of the medications that I take...so this was the day. I was in the doctor office less than an hour...so more travel time than doctor and lab time!

We had some storms this afternoon which kept me from my sewing machine so I ended up making a potato salad. As the afternoon wore on, we hadn't heard from the research nurse, so we decided that I would email the doctor. We needed to hear whether the appointments had gotten made. We knew that it was Memorial Day weekend and that a lot would be off and we needed to hear since we were planning on leaving Memorial Day morning. Just a few minutes after I emailed the doctor, we got a phone call from the research nurse. They had just gotten out of their weekly meeting and she was reporting that "things" have been put on hold for a little longer. The doctor who checks on the growth of Woody's cells said that they still weren't sure whether the cells could live on their own yet...so we need to hold off for at least another week. They will look at the cells again on Tuesday, June 1 and make the decision as to whether we will go the following week. So things are on hold till the week of June 7. The nurse is supposed to get back with us on Tuesday...and then perhaps travel plans will have to be made once again!

That meant that I had to figure out how to cancel hotel reservations at two different hotels. I did manage to do that and it didn't take quite as long as it did to get them made.

All this made me tired and I ended up taking a nap...reason that I'm a bit late for tonight's blog. Woody and I had planned to take a walk today, but the stormy weather made us change those plans, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment