Saturday, June 25, 2011

Celebration!


Woody and I were invited next door for dessert this evening...homemade frozen custard. Yum! The celebration was earmarking the day that the three girls each graduated to larger bikes...fun to have lots of reasons to celebrate! We like these celebrations. Abigail had let me in on the secret celebration earlier this afternoon, but we kept it secret from Goosey and her siblings till it was time for the celebration!




Elijah thought that it was good to the last drop! They are in the midst of doing their "once-a-month-cooking." We have benefited from their cooking...I brought home some liquid gold (chicken broth). We have used up ours and I'm glad not to have to stew a chicken to get this liquid gold to add to our freezer! I'm not sure how many pounds of chicken Kathy is in the midst of deboning...but she isn't sure if she will get her hands clean enough this evening to be able to knit!


Woody got up early this morning and walked. Then a bit later he went to the grocery store. After the grocery shopping, he walked to the library. He has read, made tuna salad for our lunch, watched DVDs, watched some baseball, read to Elijah, and is in the process of proof reading some material that Nathan is planning to publish. I have gone back and forth between sewing, preparing the Sunday School lesson, and reading (I haven't been real successful at this multitasking as I haven't completed any of these!). I did run an errand early this afternoon...I realized that my source for thread, buttons and a couple of other sewing supplies that I needed was going to be closed next week...so I high-tailed it down there just prior to them closing and got the things that I "thought" that I might need while they are away on a much deserved vacation...things that I might need for Abigail's dress, that is, if I ever get Esther's completed! Esther's dress is starting to look like a dress...backs and front are together and now I'm completing the neck edge.











No comments:

Post a Comment