Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Same Song Second Verse!

It has been another stormy, rainy day here in Middle TN. The storms started coming through fairly early this morning and have continued rolling through the rest of the day. At the moment it is only in the mid 70's...but 96% humidity...you can imagine what that might be like...that is if you don't live here...those who live here don't have to imagine they KNOW what it is like. I got out of the car to go into church a while ago and my glasses fogged up! Yesterday we got about 1 1/4" of rain and today we have gotten another 1 1/4"! Either we have very happy plants...or plants with very soggy roots! At one point today our yard was just one big puddle. I had plans for today...but with all the rain I changed them...decided to stay at home and stay dry and work some more on Esther's dress. It is cut out and I'm ready to start sewing...that is if thunder and lightning stay away (I don't run/plug in my machines when there is lightning in the area.). Woody did manage to get in a four-mile walk early this morning before the rains got here. He has also read and watched some TV and rested. Nathan and Elijah came over for a little while this morning. Elijah got a sneak peek at his quilted play mat (It's a town scene with roads for him to play with his Matchbox/HotWheels cars and BIG TRUCKS on.). Joy came over this afternoon. She played for a while, did a bit of art work, and then Woody read her a story or two before he fell asleep and she went home! I looked at radar and headed to the church between rain storms...I had four things that I needed to do...did them and came back home just as the next storm was arriving. I think that the storms have left us for a while at least...we seem to be socked into a rather rainy pattern. I think that more showers are predicted for tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment