Monday, June 20, 2011

Do You See What I See?

I had several pictures earmarked as possible blog pictures. When I opened up this one, I couldn't figure out why I had chosen it...then I saw the red amongst the lilies and greenery and remembered that I had caught a cardinal hiding in amongst the lilies. Another little friend enjoying the garden.

Woody got up early and took a walk. He ran an errand while he walked today...took back some books to the library for a friend. He likes a purpose for his walks so was glad to be asked to return these books. Mid-morning Woody and I went to the church to check on the status of a cabinet that is to be made for the church library...still at the top of the priority list...but not started yet. We came home and Woody made us salads for lunch. After lunch, I got busy on the quilted play mat that I'm making for Elijah for his birthday. It is close to finished...so it looks like it will definitely be ready for his birthday the first week of July. After I finished doing the quilting I flopped on the bed for a little while and read to revive before it was time to cook supper. I was making chicken for a meal for a Sunday School class member so we made enough for us too. I also made a new mushroom recipe for our supper..."Balsamic Mushrooms" from a Martha Stewart cookbook. They are very yummy and easy to make! Woody helped me do some of the food preparation...he skinned and boned the chicken and also cleaned the mushrooms and quartered them while I prepared the crumbs, etc. for the chicken and got the chicken cooking. Woody delivered the chicken (Jamie Oliver's Crunchy Garlic Chicken...the recipe that Alex found while he was here...we have really enjoyed this recipe) to the family on his way to Monday night prayer meeting at church.

No comments:

Post a Comment