Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturated Saturday


Saturated both with water and activities...Woody walked early this morning and worked in the yard and ran a few errands today. After I got up we got out the paint and painted the quarter round on our bedroom window. It had gotten broken while the new window was put in and one of the window workers fixed it on Thursday when they came to finish Nathan and Kathy's windows. After we got the painting done, Woody and I went to the library. I got a stack of books so I'm a happy camper...I was out of library reading material...except for a couple of photography books. Now I have some mysteries, a couple more photography books and a novel...should keep me busy for a while! We came home and had lunch. Woody watched one of the DVDs that he got at the library and I made a new recipe, "Dill Yeast Bread." It is the first time that I had used our fresh dill (used it before the caterpillars ate it all). The bread is quite good...very hearty! Graham was over here when it came out of the oven and got the second piece...Woody got the first (the heel). We had some strong thunder storms this afternoon. We got eight tenths of an inch of rain so the flowers and other plants are happy. Woody has read and watched DVDs from the library this evening...and, I think, has dozed a couple of times. I know that I dozed...once while I was waiting for the bread to rise (I had the timer with me so I wouldn't sleep too long) and then after the bread came out I was reading in the recliner in our bedroom...and the next thing I knew it was time for supper. The paint is still a bit tacky so I'm waiting a bit longer to hang the curtains back up. It's been a busy Saturday.

The pictures tonight are from FBC, Tullahoma's finale for VBS that took place last night. It was a fun "Big Apple" night for them. Graham was excited that he had gotten to get inside a limo...he told me all about it this afternoon.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment