Sunday, June 12, 2011

Simply Sunday

This fella waddled into our path last Sunday when we were driving home from Melany and Wade's. Since he headed down a street that crossed the one that we were on, Woody followed him and then stopped when he cut across a grassy area so I could snap a couple of pictures of him before he disappeared from sight.

Today we have had a fairly quiet Sunday. We got up and went as usual to the first service at church. Then we both taught our respective Sunday School classes. When we got home we started making lunch. Woody made us each a green salad with lots of good things in it. And, I made us some Crunchy Garlic Chicken...a recipe that we tried when Erin and Alex were visiting. I missed my chef's assistant (Erin)! Woody watched a DVD that was foreign with English subtitles...in my opinion...too much work to watch movies like that...I just don't want to read the whole time that I am watching it...you miss the pictures that way! I don't think that it was Woody's favorite movie...he thinks that the library would have done better if they had bought an English speaking movie instead of this one! Woody had a deacon's meeting this afternoon. While he was at his meeting, I read and napped. I wanted to start a sewing project, but just didn't have enough energy. I have carried several things downstairs to the cutting table in preparation...but I'm not feeling that energy returning enough to get very far tonight...reading is more my speed at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment