Monday, June 6, 2011

Long Time Passing!

Ha! Ha! Ha! I got a good laugh when I found this on the computer today. I had scanned in some of my old negatives a while back and found this today so played with it a bit with my software and added the sepia tone. This is the summer after fifth grade...I'm eleven. I am at Maripai Girl Scout Camp near Prescott, AZ. This was taken on my old Kodak Brownie Camera. The tent that I slept in is in the background. When we first let the sides down on the tent there were a ton of daddy long leg "spiders." You should have heard the screams...and I don't know what came over me, but I was the brave one who picked them off the sides by their legs and threw them outside (probably to crawl back in!). It was a fun time. I was forced into making new friends as the group that went from my troop all got put into the same unit...except for me. I wasn't the happiest of campers (literally) when I first found out...but it turned out fine...made new friends and really loved our unit's camp counselors...Misty and Willy. Really enjoyed the songs that we learned. One of the best things was getting a whole orange, rolling it around in my hands to get it juicy, cutting a hole in the top, and then putting in a peppermint stick and sucking the juice through it. The one thing that I didn't like was having to eat oatmeal...have never liked oatmeal...still to this day don't like oatmeal...but if it was served one had to eat most of whatever it was...and having to eat it would make me have a homesick-kind of feeling...but that only lasted through breakfast! They kept us super busy. The other thing that I really didn't care for was the horseback riding...my horse's name was Comet (but his speed didn't match his name...thank goodness!). One of the things that they warned us about first thing was what to do if our horse decided to roll...so I spent the rest of the rides worrying that mine would roll! Okay...enough with the memories!

Woody started his walk out in the fog early this morning. He walked about six miles. He has been working on cleaning the leaves out of our side ornamental garden. He also watered Nathan and Kathy's vegetable garden. He has read. He just came home from Monday night prayer meeting. I did a lot of nothing (including no cooking!)...I may have to cook tomorrow...but took another day off from cooking today. I have worked on the computer...I have run scans and defragged. I also did a little bit of sewing...mainly testing out some stitches. I also worked some with my new camera equipment...still trying to get one of the items to work properly...the company sent me something to try that arrived in the mail today from Ireland. And, I have done several loads of wash...linens from Erin and Alex's beds...haven't remade the beds yet, though. I did enjoy a cup of Canadian Maple tea that Melany and Wade brought back to me...very nice flavor! But, all-in-all I have mainly just done a lot of little piddly jobs today...sort of lazed around. One of the things that I did in the evenings while the kids were here was sort all the digital photos that I had taken over the last months and put them into their proper category folder in the computer...nice to have that job done once again...I say I will keep up with sorting them as I take them...but the big question is.........WILL I????!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment