Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Trying to Keep Up!

I sort of feel like the older gosling in the middle...or perhaps more like the adult goose that is bringing up the rear...just trying to keep up with the group! Woody got up early and went on a walk. This was my day to get my hair cut. Just before I was going to leave to run a couple errands before my hair cut, I got a phone call from the church telling me that the two new bookcases had arrived and had been put together and were in place! So I stopped by the church on my way. After my hair cut I ran my errands...the Credit Union and WalMart. After lunch, Woody and I went to the library and filled up the new shelves with the books that had been set aside awaiting their arrival. It didn't take long to do that. By the time we got home, it was time to start supper. Erin helped some, but she was doing some preparations for tomorrow's supper. Woody went to church this evening for his Wednesday night class...a new one was started tonight...an Anne Graham Lotz study. I'm late posting as I had a problem with the internet connection...but am reconnected. Woody and Alex are watching a DVD and Erin is doing something on her computer. I have talked to Melany twice today as they had a cell phone signal where they are today. We talked just a little while ago and she was watching bald eagles fly around. They are having a really good time. Tomorrow they are going on one of the boats from "The Deadliest Catch" TV show. Should be interesting...it is off season for crabbing so they do tourist excursions. As for me...I am just trying to keep up with the oldest grandchildren and keep them fed (I am counting down the number of evening meals that we have left to cook! (3!)). Tomorrow's dinner is already planned and Erin and Alex are cooking at least one part of the meal ...they claim to be experts at it...we will see! Plus they are quite intrigued that I have the recipe for a speciality bread from Macaroni Grill that they love...so they are planning to make that bread tomorrow. We'll see...we seem to have quite an active kitchen this week! I'm going to rest for a few minutes and read a couple more pages in my book and stay out of the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment