Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Welcome Summer!

We welcomed in summer today...and this is the way summer welcomed us! We have had a couple of summer storms blow through today.

Woody woke up super early this morning and at some point I realized that he was awake earlier than usual and that woke me up. I ended up reading for quite a while and then went back to sleep. Woody also read and at a point went to sleep in his recliner downstairs. I guess due to the fact that the day has been sort of dark and gloomy, I haven't felt like doing much. I have read, fixed us Caprice salads for lunch, read some more, took a few storm pictures out our new windows, read some more in one of the photography books...a lazy summer day. Since I am finished with Elijah's birthday present, I'm getting ready to start on Esther's dress...so far have just pressed the fabric. Woody has read today, too. He finished a book a few minutes ago...his tall stack of books to read is dwindling! I am blogging early today as I am going to go out to eat with my Sunday School class this evening. Woody plans to walk to the prayer room at church and will fend for himself for supper this evening. Our next storm has arrived...raining hard and thundering...I just looked at radar and it looks like we are in a storm line that will provide us rain for a while this afternoon...summer's welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment