Friday, June 3, 2011

Early Celebration!

We decided to turn tonight's supper into an early birthday celebration for Alex...a surprise party! We don't see them all that often so we figured that we would celebrate while we had him captive! His birthday isn't until the end of July...so we are ahead of schedule! We had "Breakfast for Supper" tonight. We had Sweet Potato Waffles and Quick Waffles and sausage for supper and then waffles (whichever kind one wanted) and ice cream with chocolate sauce for dessert. Woody and I made the Sweet Potato recipe and Alex made the Quick Waffle recipe (He is considered (at least by himself!) to be an expert waffle maker!). We borrowed a waffle iron from the neighbors so had two cooking waffles at the same time...which made quicker work of what I consider a long process. And, the neighbor's makes four waffles at a time. It was a fun supper to start rounding out the end of the meals for the kids' "vacation" with us...just one more main meal to go!!!!!

Woody got up early and walked his long walk to the movie theater and back (14 miles total). Erin dug our garlic, Alex vacuumed one of our cars, and later he and Erin washed the car (and soaked themselves...a good activity for a hot day!). I have been washing...trying to keep up with towels. I was just about to put a load of towels in the drier when they came in soaked and had to shower and change into dry clothes...so...another load of clothes/towels. After lunch we all went to the library. They wanted me to go along so they could get more DVDs with both Goosey's and my library card! We came home and I finished a book and took a short nap. Woody also read this afternoon and napped (though he doesn't remember napping so doesn't think that he did!). I saw him drop his book and glasses...so I'm an eye witness (though he tends to not believe me!). Erin and Alex are now watching a movie and Woody and I have come upstairs where it is quieter! Melany and Wade will dock in Seattle in the morning and then start their trip home...Seattle to Phoenix to Nashville.


No comments:

Post a Comment