Friday, March 22, 2013

44 Years Ago...Sigh........

Oh, my...the years have definitely gone by...44 years ago this photo was taken of us shortly after we said our "I do's." I really am not pushing him away...just trying not to squash his boutonniere (that's my story and I'm sticking with it!)! I had Woody look at our wedding album and choose tonight's photo to scan. I guessed ahead of time which one he would choose! See...I know him well! We have had a quiet day/evening...the years are catching up with us! Woody has a gimpy knee (or two). He did make his weekly trek to the grocery store and WalMart. But the rest of the day he has pretty much taken it easy watching March Madness. This morning I did some much needed cleaning. Then this afternoon I planned to read, but took a nap instead. We had "surf and turf" for our anniversary dinner (I'm getting pretty good butterflying lobster tails!). The table was set with quite a few items that were wedding gifts...silverware, dinnerware, glassware, steak knives, and napkin rings (last a gift from our ring bearer). We tried to recall all the addresses where we had lived...we remembered all the streets...but two of the numbers were a bit hard to recall! We checked our answers in the scrapbook Mother made us and the wedding memory book that I put together. We also listened to "our song" ("Dream a Little Dream of Me" sung by Mama Cass) on the Pandora app on the iPad. I'm now listening to "When I'm Sixty-Four." Hmmmmmm we've both passed that number by...doesn't seem possible how quickly the years have gone by since March 22, 1969! In some ways it seems just like yesterday...but in most ways I can't believe all that has happened in those 44 years! Time marches on!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! And hope you have 44 more years together! :)

    ReplyDelete