Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday Doin's

I overslept a bit this morning which meant that I got off to a bit later start with school and didn't manage to get all lesson times in during the morning. So sweet Abigail volunteered to have her sewing lesson after lunch! I took a bit longer than usual with Esther's lessons as I had her bring her doll over to for a dress try-on after she finished reading a story to me and then doing a couple of pages in her math workbook...then I sewed the snaps on the dress (dress and pinafore are done for Esther's doll!)...and Grammy's fingers didn't want to cooperate with little snaps this morning! Joy did one of her subjects over here and then we got busy planning the dress that I am going to make for her doll! I now have fabric and pattern pieces laying all over the guest bed. I think that we finalized decisions so now to put away some of the fabric that we don't plan to use. Abigail is going to make capris for her doll that go with the blouse that I made for her jumper. She got the pattern pieces cut out and I serged around the pieces. So next week she will be ready to start sewing. While I was sewing with Abigail, Woody headed off for a walk...his first walk in several days. He walked four-miles and he said that he took it slowly. After Abigail left I settled into the recliner and read more on the book that I picked up at the library on Tuesday. I dozed before finishing it, but did finish it after my nap. Woody has read, watched basketball on TV, and helped with the dishes. He is still coughing, but I think that he is on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment