Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Graupel

Well, I learned a new word today...of course, Woody is the one who taught it to me..."Graupel" refers to precipitation that forms when supercooled droplets of water are collected and freeze on a falling snowflake (soft hail)! I tend to learn something new every day! The second picture shows a close up of a piece or two of graupel on our front steps. (I missed an opportunity to take a picture of our back steps covered with graupel (didn't think to take it when they were covered...didn't know that it was graupel or I would have!!!!). Then the top one with the pink phlox shows the graupel falling and landing on the street (not the best picture...but the best for the length of time that I was willing to stand on the porch to get!). (click on the photo--especially on the pink phlox photo so you can see it on the road better) I have felt frozen all day...even Woody has commented on how cold he has felt. It once again never got out of the 30's today. All I can say is Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I have managed to sew today. I got the slip pattern altered to work with Abigail's dress (I hope)and then got it cut out and sewn up. I am now embellishing it a bit to make it look girly! Woody has, despite the cold temperature, walked to the prayer room at church. I am getting ready to head downstairs to watch the first elimination on Dancing With the Stars. The main thing that I usually want to see is who gets eliminated...so could just wait to turn it on till the last five minutes! But tonight Josh Groban is supposed to sing so I look forward to that. Sitting here in Middle TN wishing for more Spring-like temps...but I'm sure that they will come and go all too quickly and give way to hot and humid...and I will be wishing for it to be cooler...but at the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment