Friday, March 29, 2013

Good Friday 2013

Quite a day! A very busy day! Photo scanning...sewing...egg hunting...grocery shopping...walking...eating...gardening...mulch delivery...reading...and I'm sure quite a few other things! I decided this morning that I would scan the photos in our wedding album and then played a bit with the scans using Photo Shop. I have also managed to make a pair of pantaloons for Joy's doll. Woody did our weekly grocery shopping. Our neighbor grandchildren had an egg hunt...fun! fun! Woody has done a bit of seed planting in flats that can be taken in and out of the house while the temperatures still fluctuate. He ordered a load of mulch this morning and it was delivered this afternoon...much to Elijah's delight!! Elijah was impressed by the size of the mulch pile and the size of the dump truck. But the thing that he found most intriguing was that four of the dump truck's tires didn't touch the road! After the mulch was delivered, Goosey (Woody) and Graham started mulching a flower garden. It has been a cloudy day that almost reached 60 degrees. So far no rain...but we are supposed to get some in the next couple of days and still a chance today. Oh, I do know one other "event" of the day. Woody made a request of Nathan and Graham...get a squirrel out of our chimney (yuck!). Why these rascally squirrels find a way to fall into our chimney, I will never know! We had heard him in there some weeks back...and I knew then that once it warmed up we would need to get him out...and today I started smelling him...so Nathan and Graham came to our rescue! When Nathan and Graham came in, I "sang" "Going on a Squirrel Hunt" and Graham laughed and said "Got my bag!" When we got our new roof and the siding fixed after the hail storm, they were supposed to put a new cap on the top of the chimney that would keep squirrels, birds, etc. out...but in the end they supposedly couldn't find one that would fit on our chimney so...little critters can still climb up the chimney and end up falling down inside it and getting trapped. Maybe one of these days it will get fixed. We think that the workers just didn't want to have to climb up as high as the top of our chimney! I have chosen a new audio book: "The Yosemite" by John Muir. I'm enjoying it as it brings back memories of the trip that I made with my parents and sister many years ago! This has been a day of memories...a bit sad...this is the date that my mother died two years ago. Woody took a four mile walk this afternoon. We had our "Mediterranean tuna salad" at lunch with sliced tomatoes...quite good. I didn't sleep well last night so I am well underway with one of the books that Woody got for me at the library yesterday. That gives a bit of a summary of our day here in Middle TN where we are seeing starting to see tulip buds...won't be long till they share their beautiful colors with us! I "think" that Spring may really be arriving.

1 comment:

  1. Lois, I know the feeling of missing a parent so much more on the "anniversary date". Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete