Tuesday, March 12, 2013

On The Road Again!

When we travel this road, we have to make sure that the car stops when it should and not continue on to NIH! Our route to our personal care physician is the same that we take when we head to NIH. We headed off bright and early for me to go to our personal care physician for my periodic (every 6-8 mon.) lab work. Today's visit was a first...first time for me to use Medicare for a doctor visit. Lots of different/new paper work to fill out and forms to sign! Got all those filled out, saw the doctor (always good to see her, as she used to be a member of our church before she moved to McMinnville...we chose to keep her as our doctor after she moved her practice), had my blood drawn, and was out of her office in less than an hour. A one-way trip takes from 45 min. to an hour...so all totaled we were away from Tullahoma for almost three hours. When we got back into town, Woody stopped to run an errand, then we headed to the library to pick up a library book that they had on hold for me, THEN we swung by Dairy Queen to "collect" my birthday Blizzard (buy one, get one free (so Woody got one too!)), then it was on home to enjoy our Blizzards. The Blizzards "made" us have a backwards lunch...after we had our Blizzards, then we had a bowl of soup to warm up! All the comings and goings wore me out and I headed upstairs to read my new book for a while and ultimately to fall asleep. I gave Woody permission to steal my book if I fell asleep! It is another 7-day book that we both want to read. He got ahead of me in the book while I slept! Woody has just taken out the garbage and is now heading to the prayer room...this time driving...as he is still taking it a bit easy due to his cough and whatever else ails him! He is much better and his cough seems to be more of a dry cough now due to the irritation of having coughed so much over the last week or so. I was glad to try out my new camera while on our travels today. I am always interested in how my cameras take photos out the car window as we whiz on down the highways and byways! I am very pleased that my new camera focuses so much quicker--even through the car window or windshield. Tonight's photo was taken out my side window at probably 60 mph...it shows one of the pretty farms along the highway and also shows the Highland Rim in the background. It was rather overcast as our trip commenced this morning and at a point the sun broke through one opening in the clouds...as seen in this photo...very pretty. I got several pictures of the sunbeams coming through that hole in the clouds. The radio newscaster in Nashville kept saying that it was mostly sunny...and we were seeing these quite thick clouds...but that little peek of sun was letting us know that the sun would eventually break through. And, by the time that I came out of the doctor's office there was blue sky with lots of pretty puffy white clouds. It has been nice to see the sun today. It was still quite chilly...only made it a little ways into the 50's. But my afternoon nap was very pleasant with the sun coming in the window, shining on me, and warming me...made it good napping conditions! Since waking up I have had a little energy and have done a bit of dusting and getting out a few Spring decorations...my sister inspired me to get my bunny collection arranged as she sent me a new bunny decoration yesterday! Thinking Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment