Thursday, March 28, 2013

Beautiful Spring Day!

It has been a lovely day...finally! When Woody came back from his walk to the library, he commented on how nice the day, temp, etc. was for a walk. It actually almost made it to 60 today and not too much of a breeze. Graham and I drove to the church library this afternoon to get him some more books in the series that he is reading (he had finished the one we got the other day) and we really felt the greenhouse effect when we got back into the car. We even drove with the windows down for a bit to cool the car off. Elijah, Esther, Joy, Abigail, and I had a normal morning of school. This afternoon Graham came over and worked on his school work for a while and Esther and Elijah came over to play. I put together a tuna salad that is for a meal tomorrow. It is a new recipe that Woody saw Rachel Ray prepare and he got it off the internet. I would call it a Mediterranean Tuna Salad due to its ingredients: artichoke hearts, black olives, red onion, and capers (first time for me to use capers)and no mayo...just some olive oil. I thought that it would be good to let the flavors meld overnight. After I got the tuna salad put together and the dishwasher loaded, I headed upstairs to read and rest. I had finished all the books that I had been reading so now have a new one downloaded on my iPad, a new one (or two) from the church library, and a new one (or two or three) from the public library. I have started reading the one on the iPad and one of the public library ones. I looked through a sewing how-to book that Woody got me yesterday from the public library. The other day when I was making Abigail's slip, I finished listening to A Girl of the Limberlost...haven't chosen my next audio book yet. Woody felt the "need" to walk to the public library this afternoon as it will be closed for the long Easter weekend and he wanted to be sure that he had enough books and DVD's to get him through that time! Plus he said that he needed a walk and that the library is a good distance for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment