Saturday, March 23, 2013

Out On a Limb!

A couple of days ago at lunch, Elijah looked out the window and said that there was a baby bison in their tree! They all had to look (and look) to find what he was seeing. Finally they saw this little squirrel out at the very end of the limb snoozing in the sunshine. They called me up to come over to take its picture. By the time that I got over there he had his eye open a slit. The close-up was taken through Nathan and Kathy's kitchen window. When I headed back home, I detoured to their fence that encloses their backyard to snap the other picture. He was waaaaaaaaaaay up there. When I got home, I tried to take a picture of him from our bedroom window, but he had scurried away. I guess that the shape that Elijah saw reminded him of a bison that he had seen while in Yellowsotne. Anyway, we all thought that it was funny that they should have a baby bison in a tree in their backyard! Little ones do say the funniest things! Today has been a VERY lazy day for me. I have spent the day "thinking" about sewing projects, working on the laptop with some machine embroidery designs, and shopping on the internet for a few sewing notions that I need. I did manage to get the sewing cutting table out and the cutting board is open on top of that. A little while ago I did do a quick mend job on our bottom sheet (the elastic that helps hold the corner of the sheet on the mattress had pulled loose). Doing that lead me to change the bed so sheets are washing. That's about all I have accomplished today! Woody went to the library and while out he did a couple of errands. The rest of the day he has pretty much sat in his recliner resting his knees and watching some March Madness. It rained some in the night and then this afternoon it started up again...so far never a hard rain...it looks like the heavier stuff may be on its way. It has been a milder day. It got to the mid 50's.

No comments:

Post a Comment