Saturday, March 30, 2013

Saturday Samplings

Woody has done quite a bit today as witnessed in tonight's blog photo...he prepared this part of his raised garden and then planted these cabbage plants and then mulched them. Storm, the cat from across the street, came over to stand guard...to keep any Easter Bunnies or Peter Rabbits out! Woody also walked to the library (I found out that it wasn't closed today so he decided that he would make the trek there and back.). Today seems like a lost day for me...I look back and it seems like it has passed me by with me doing pretty much a lot of nothing...mainly I haven't done what I had planned on doing...so perhaps that is the reason that it seems that way! I have managed to stew a chicken, debone said chicken, and make chicken stock from said bones! I have read a little and made plans to sew...but said plans have never come to fruition!!!!! Oh, and, I did wash a load of clothes (said load now in the drier just buzzed...guess I should go check on them and get them put away!) I did finally make a decision on what machine embroidery designs to buy with the bonus $10 that one of the design companies gave me (hoping that I would spend more...which I did!) to spend in my birthday month...I have been checking out designs for the last couple of days and finally made my decision today. I now have the designs that I will use to make Christmas ornaments for family and friends for this coming Christmas! NOW...if only I would start making them and not wait till the last minute! The designs that I ordered are instant download as soon as I pay for them. So they are in my possession all ready to be stitched out...BUT I don't have all the materials to make them. I ordered what I need the other day when I made an order for some sewing notions so I will be all set once that order arrives. Now to be disciplined and work on them off and on and get them ready early this year! Time will tell...I do have good intentions! Woody finished gardening and got me to take pictures before the rain arrived. So now that the rain is here, Woody has been reading and watching a bit of March Madness on TV...earlier he watched some tennis. And, thus you have a sampling of our doings on this the last Saturday in March...when I report next it will be April Fools' Day! Have a blessed Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment