Monday, March 11, 2013

Birthday Popcorn!

The neighbors (aka Nathan and family) had been away for more than a week. After church they came over with a big bowl of popcorn for a Sunday night birthday treat. They came in the door singing (2nd time they had sung to me that day...I had also gotten an on-the-road call from them that afternoon)! Woody sang to me in the morning...so I was well sung to! Since I taught my Sunday School class yesterday morning, I served donuts as a birthday treat. So donuts before Sunday School and popcorn after the evening service. Nice day to turn 65...talk about an eye opener...I can't believe I have moved into the Medicare generation! In my mind I don't feel like I'm that old...but definitely in body aches and pains I know that I belong there (and when I look in the mirror)! Today started out like a "normal" Monday. First I got a pot of beans cooking for white chili and then I had school with Elijah, Esther and Joy. I put the white chili the rest of the way together and on to simmer and then headed to the pharmacy and picked up prescriptions for Woody and me. Then back to make chicken broth (liquid gold). After that I was ready for a rest. By the time I felt rested (did doze off for a few minutes...power nap), I needed to get a load of wash going. Woody has felt some better today, but still coughing at times. He has continued to take it easy. He did walk out and get the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment