Friday, March 15, 2013

The Ides of March Are Upon Us!

It has been a beautiful breezy, warm day for us here in Middle Tennessee. I spent some time this morning organizing my camera equipment (finding a good place for lenses, etc. to reside when not in use). I ended up clearing a shelf in my needlework cabinet...but of course had to find a place for what I took off said shelf! After all that I decided that it was time to go sit on the front porch and try out some of my lenses (these include lenses that were my father's)and to try out different settings on my new camera. I even got out the tripod for a few of them as one of Daddy's lenses is so heavy that I can't hold the camera still without the tripod. I managed to find several little birdies who agreed to pose for me. While I was doing that, Woody went to the grocery store. He was pretty worn out by the time he got them into the kitchen from the car. After lunch Graham, Elijah and Esther paid us a visit. Graham came over to tell us that he started taking drum lessons this morning. Esther came over to invite one of us to help her find caterpillars! Woody took her up on the invitation...but when they came back no caterpillars had been found...only a few earthworms! Woody's little excursion around the yard added to his grocery excursion equaled a little "eye resting" this afternoon. I had asked Graham earlier in the week if he would gather up the the K'nex pieces that had been in the original set that was the Pickle Present six or so Christmases ago. I wanted that first set along with the instruction book so that either Graham or I could start Elijah off with K'nex using the same kit that Graham started with. Graham volunteered to get that put together this afternoon. After he got it put together, the two of us helped Elijah follow the directions to make one of the simple builds in the book...an UFO! He was very proud of it...as can be seen in the picture above. Graham decided after Elijah went home that he would build something with K'nex...so he built a Space Shuttle. Then he decided that he would like to sew some more on his apron. And, as can be seen in his picture above, he finished it! He did a great job! Woody went on a four-mile walk while we were sewing. After Graham finished his apron, I got busy on making our supper...chicken and rice soup. We're both settling in for the evening. We've both had a pretty busy day...the recliner is sounding pretty good to me at the moment and Woody is already ensconced in his!

No comments:

Post a Comment