Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Thumping, Pounding Kind of Day


We got the luck of the draw today and our sewer lines got worked on.  The trucks have pounded, thumped, dug, etc. all day long.  As a matter of fact they are still at it as I type. They did our yard, Nathan and Kathy's yard, and a couple of the across the street neighbors' yards.  I have had a headache most of the day so I could have done with a bit less of the thudding...but such is life.

Woody had a doctor's appointment this morning.  After his appointment, he stopped at the pharmacy and picked up my antibiotic and another of my prescriptions.  In the end I didn't have to go to the doctor, she phoned in the prescription to the pharmacy.  I'm thankful that I didn't have to make that trip over to McMinnville and back.  I have taken it easy the whole day and still don't feel all that great.  The first dose of antibiotic wasn't a cure-all!  Of course, I didn't expect it to be.  Woody headed out to walk this afternoon and turned around and came back as it was too hot to walk.

And, now I will post a picture of how the workers shrunk in size as the heat of the day got to them!
The children have had a great time watching all the construction work going on.  They had to go and get a closer look once the workers were done with our yard...at least as done as they are going to get today.  And, as I typed that last sentence, I realized that it has gotten quieter on our street.  I think that the workers have finished for the day.  I'm so out of it that I didn't realize that Woody was gone until the door opened a couple of seconds ago.  He had walked to and from the prayer room at church.  I guess I'm not clued in even to what day it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment