Friday, May 9, 2014

Cloudy With a Chance of...

It has sort of "thought" about raining all day...but we have only gotten a little...perhaps more to come over night and tomorrow?  This is my day off from school so I have done various and sundry things around the house.  I mainly got several loads of wash done and some of it put away.  The last load is in the drier and the middle load is partially folded and put away.  What hasn't been folded is in my chair in the family room...either I fold them or I don't sit there till they are!  Goosey (Woody) took Elijah and Esther to the can man today to turn in aluminum cans that have been collected by us and others in the church over the last few months.  The money that they got for them goes to the Lottie Moon Christmas offering for International Missions.  Elijah spent some time with me in the late morning.  He wanted to know what he could do..."and, not Dick and Jane!" We ended up "making up" a car using K'nex.  I was challenged by him to make it work with a motor...he came up with how he wanted it to look.  It did take a few trials, but we were successful.  We raced it between us on the kitchen floor. Woody walked six miles today.  I am still coughing away...at times...and at others I think that it is about over.  At the days end, I haven't made up my mind which it is! I talked with my sister for a while this afternoon.  After we talked, I went downstairs and made marinara sauce that we had over whole wheat spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment