Saturday, May 24, 2014

Remembering!













Well, this is supposed to be a weekend of memories...remembering those who have fought for our freedom...first and foremost.  But for us this weekend holds another memory as 23 years ago tomorrow's date (May 25, 1991) Melany and Wade were married.  My reminders this week are the fact that our light pink rhododendron is blooming and also as I drove through town I noticed that the magnolias are in full bloom.  We used both these blooms along with others in their "Butterfly Garden" themed wedding. Happy 23rd wedding anniversary tomorrow, Melany and Wade!

Well, I have spent today doing a little of this and a little of that in preparation for our trip to Bethesda, MD for Woody's next scans at NIH.  I have just finished putting a load of wash away and setting a few things aside to put in the suitcase and have put my last load in the drier.  So I guess we are on the way to getting ready to leave Monday morning dark and early.  Woody walked six miles early this morning.  Then later in the morning he went to WalMart to pick up some snack food for our trip.  I guess this afternoon I cooked the last that I will cook till we come home.  Now we will finish up eating what is in the refrigerator. I did manage to cut out my top, but that is as far as I have gotten.  My get-up-and-go got up and went this afternoon and I decided that I needed a nap more than I needed to sew!

I guess that my next blog post will be from Fairfax, VA...the good Lord willin'.  

No comments:

Post a Comment