Thursday, May 22, 2014

School's Out!

 Look what followed Woody home from his four mile walk this morning.  He was quite a topic of interest for the time that he stuck around.  The girls even gave him a bath!  I'm not much of a dog person...but I did go out long enough to take a couple of pictures.  Well, today was our last day of Grammy School for this school year...and what did Grammy do?  Overslept!  I had a rough night last night...something was making me itch and I was miserable for most of the night so when I did get to sleep I really went to sleep and slept through a good part of Isaac and Elijah's time.  Elijah didn't mind.  I'll get him to read another day!  Isaac did come over and we did the sounds together.  The summer projects have begun and then seem to involve Grammy's sewing machine.  Graham finally got his camping badge to stitch out correctly.  He just finished making four of them...for the four children in his family who have slept in a tent overnight in the last couple of days.  Esther and Elijah joined Graham and Joy in that club!  Now he and Joy plan to make sashes to put these badges on.  The next badge Graham was planning in his mind when he left a few minutes ago...it will be a bird badge...the ones who see five different birds and take pictures of both the male and female bird will get this particular badge!  Sounds like a fun summer ahead of them with lots of things being planned.  I found the instructions on how to make a sash and I'm going to leave it to Joy and Graham to follow those instructions.  I was laughing when Kathy came over a few minutes ago.  I was looking at how many children can be crammed into my sewing room at one time.  We had Graham sewing, Joy and Esther watching what Graham was sewing, also the three of them were checking out the sewing simulator on my laptop that shows designs being sewn out on the screen.  Then Elijah came over and asked for my iPad and he settled in on the floor in the midst of the other four to play a game or two.  Then Kathy joined us with Joseph in her arms and then in comes Isaac with his blankie...he settled on my lap.  And, we are talking about a very small space where we were all gathered!  Family togetherness!  Abigail and Nathan and Woody were the only ones missing from this family time in the sewing room.  Nathan came over a little while ago and changed the light bulbs in our stairway light fixture...not an easy procedure.  We have a special ladder that folds in many different directions to make certain jobs easier(I bought this especially for Woody one Christmas to make the dangerous job of changing these lights less dangerous)...but the trick is to remember how to get the ladder folded the way it needs to go for this job!  Woody has a card that shows how we set it up to change the stairs' lights...but...of course we couldn't find said card.  Well, Nathan finally found a way to fold the ladder that worked and we once again have lights on our stairs...I feel much safer when ascending and descending the stairs at night! I do think that I am getting better. Hardly coughing at all any more...thank goodness! I will finish my antibiotic this evening and hopefully that has done the trick.  Now to get over being so tired!  I took another nap this afternoon.

Today is Joseph's four month birthday.  I went next door to take care of Isaac and Joseph while Kathy ran an errand till Nathan and the older children came back from swimming at a neighbor's.  I wasn't there very long...but long enough to have a quick birthday photo session with Joseph.  His picture should be tonight's blog photo instead of a puppy...but I haven't gotten them off the camera yet...so maybe tomorrow you will get to see our little one who is growing up too quickly!




No comments:

Post a Comment