Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Wednesday

Another busy day.  Woody got up early and walked four miles.  He had an early appointment and then ran an errand and did our Wednesday Krogering.  I had school with the children...just one more day of "official Grammy" school.  We are busily finishing up projects and starting ones they want to do during summer break.  Joy just about finished Isaac's placemat.  We just have to take a picture of  her holding it and I think that is one more sewing project finished for this school year.  Graham is still trying to make a camping badge.  The latest stitchout "almost" worked.  I worked in the library this afternoon.  This was the first time that I ventured away from the house in the car since I got to feeling so badly.  I think that I am definitely on the mend.  But I do still get tired easily.  I had to make a quick stop at WalMart to pick up my over-the-counter allergy medicine and it was all I could do to get in and out and head home as quickly as possible.  I attempted to make supper tonight, but was too tired to make one of the items.  I have since sat in my recliner recouping. A few minutes ago I made one of our hotel reservations for the coming week's trip to NIH.  I dislike making the reservations because I have to call and talk in person with someone from the actual hotel in order for them to give us a receipt...won't give a receipt if you make the reservations online.  I always dread calling to make the reservations because I never know if I will be able to understand the person on the other end of the line!  The next reservation that I have to make I have to call the 800# and once again talk to someone...as that is the only way that I can get the NIH patient rate with our Bethesda hotel. The closer I wait till the time that we need the reservation, the more likely we are to get the NIH patient rate...they don't like to give up full-rate rooms too soon for the lower rate.  Time will tell if I will be able to get the patient rate this time.  Guess it is about time to wash clothes and start putting things to pack on the guest bed.  About time to be "on the road again!"

No comments:

Post a Comment