Friday, May 23, 2014

Ventured Out

Not so unusual for Woody to venture out...but lately for me I have stayed pretty close to home.  Woody ended up taking two walks today for a total of eight miles.  I told him that he is trying to make up for the 48 hours that he isn't supposed to exercise prior to his PET scan.  He will have to walk early on Sunday morning if he is going to get in his walk for the day.  And, I guess he will let the car do his miles for him on Monday.  I managed to get the hotel reservation in Bethesda this morning so we are good to go and have a place to lay our heads for two of the nights.  I also communicated with NIH about a couple of things that we still needed to know and heard back from them.  I have several piles of dirty clothes sorted and ready for the wash so we can have clean clothes for the trip.  But my big venture of the day was when I finally made it to our new JoAnn's.  The fact that I hadn't been there yet shows that I really hadn't been feeling well!  I had fun as you could get Simplicity patterns for 5 for $5...I have so missed being able to just get in the car and head to Hancock's (they have been closed for years now) to take advantage of their $1 pattern sales.  So I was very glad to see that JoAnn's had such a sale when I was there today.  I am going to attempt to make myself a top with a new pattern that I bought today...not sure how far I will get before I need to do other things to get ready for the trip.  Woody pulled the car out today and decided to clean it.  I went out and helped him vacuum it out...so another venture for me today.  One of my friends stopped by and we stood out in the front yard and talked...so I have had quite a bit of fresh air today.  I will say that TN mosquitoes are out in full force...one of things that I discovered with venturing out...those I could do without!   Woody is reading to Isaac and Joy and Graham are playing in the living room.  I guess I will press my pattern pieces and see if I can get the pattern pieces at least pinned to the fabric this evening. Isaac is looking for me...he is on his way up. He wants to play train on my iPad!

No comments:

Post a Comment