Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Barn Tour Continues

I am still going through the pictures I took when Marie and I went on our "barn excursion" on the 17th. Now that the computer is fixed it is ever so much easier to get them up on the laptop screen and do a tweek here and there...crop, lighting, color, straighten, etc. and sometimes I use some crazy filter to make them more artwork than photo.
Some are tumble down and might just be a pile of wood the next time that we make a pass by...some will be hidden by vines and other growth and won't be able to be seen from the road. Almost all the pictures that we took this time were taken from the car either looking out the windshield or out an open side window...sometimes taken while the car was moving. Often the color isn't the greatest due to glare, etc. and that is where photo software comes in to remove the glare and improve the color. Most that I post I do some sort of "fix." Every camera is different and some make things more blue than they should be...some more green, etc. There is a place in my software that you can click on something that is black, gray or white and it will correct to proper color tones...and it works most of the time...makes photos look more natural. The top picture tonight had a large wire running through part of the sky...I just cropped the wire out...there is a way that you can color over the wire and it won't show...takes less time to crop it out! The other thing that I can do is straighten a picture that seems to be on a slope...sometimes the slope is really there and other times it is the way I hold the camera...one of my shoulders is lower than the other so I often don't hold the camera level...my cameras do have either levels or lines that let me line things up straight..but often especially when just snapping from a car quickly I don't get it level...so I can make them level with the software. Lots of tricks behind each of the photos that I post! Today Woody worked quite a bit in the yards again...he continued to work on Nathan and Kathy's yard. I had school this morning. Abigail and I worked on making instructions with photographs that we snapped with the iPad. This is an iPad project and sometimes the app we are using was cooperative and sometimes not. In the end we got four pages to print and they look pretty good. Then we got hung on a couple of the last pages...hopefully we can complete this project when we meet next (if iPad cooperates). Technology and I seem to be butting heads lately! Woody went to Aldis and Krogers this morning and stopped at WalMart to buy some seeds to plant parsley and lettuce. I ate lunch and put away groceries at the same time...sometimes one needs to multitask! After lunch I headed off to work in the church library for a couple of hours. Donna and I got quite a bit done, but did run into a snafu with one of the computers in the library and the printer...we left that to solve for another day. I had had enough of messing with technology for the day. Woody's exercise for the day was working in the yard. Some of the neighbor grandchildren came over late this afternoon and played school in the school room. They had fun, but they had quite a bit to pick up in order for us to be able to have school in the room in the morning. It took a while, but they did a good pick up job. The front porch rockers got used by quite a few on this quite warm day. If any of you are out and about..."come set a while!" This is perfect porch sitting weather...Elijah, Esther and Joy and I chose to read sitting on the porch glider this morning. Nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment