Thursday, March 23, 2017

It's Baaaaaaack!

We got a call this afternoon that our laptop was as ready as it was going to be. And, it is very much improved! The main problem is getting settings back to the way they were! Sort of like having to set up a new computer...but...it's not. I have spent quite a bit of time hunting for things and resetting passwords, etc. So a bit of a pain...but it is working and so far we have been able to get places we needed to go with just a bit of effort. Luckily I have settings recorded so have, so far, been able to find the settings, etc. that we needed. I am sure that we will eventually get things set up correctly. The tech told us that it had gained some speed but not to expect too much. Compared to what was happening just prior to taking it in it is very speedy...and we don't know any better about speed...this is the computer we use and have used it for years. I had school this morning. Esther had her long time. She cross stitched for a while and then did tangrams using the Osmo app on my iPad. This app has manipulatives to use with it along with what is seen on the iPad screen. I ended up doing them with her...there was one that puzzled both of us...but with one hint Esther was able to solve it. Woody has been working in the yard off and on today. He walked four-miles this afternoon. While he was on his walk, the tech called to say that the laptop was fixed. Woody headed off to get it soon after he got back from his walk. After getting it home, we have both been trying to get it back to the way we like it. Woody can now print off crossword puzzles each day. I think he probably missed that aspect the most of not having this computer. After I worked on getting settings back, I worked some with my sewing software and then worked some more on my photographs. Tonight's photo is part of the group that I took last week...there are still lots of those to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment