Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Play Doh Day

Isaac and Joseph and I made play doh after they finished with their school today. After it cooled off, they brought it upstairs to have some fun with it. I followed behind them with the drawer from the kitchen that has always contained items to use with play doh. That is it contained them until today. I decided that I was going to do some reorganizing and free up that drawer in the kitchen for cooking utinsels. The two drawers that are designated for cooking utinsels are maxed out plus some! I emptied out the drawer and the boys played with what was in it. When they got finished, Joseph decided that it was time for him to go home. But Isaac wanted to stay and help me organize and sort things. I had to find space for all these things that they use for play doh...lots of cookie cutters, rolling pins, etc. I decided the best place to store these play doh items was in the school room. I have a bin designated for art items...so what better place?!? Of course it meant that I had to reorganize and clean that bin out some. We managed it and got all the play doh items including the play doh into the art bin. I have mostly found places for things in that drawer that weren't play doh related...still a few items to find homes for...lots landed in file 13! Good job done...next...start moving cooking utinsels into the "new" drawer. I need to make sense out of what to put in there or we will never remember which items belong in that new drawer. I have one drawer that has items not used often and one drawer of items used a LOT. And, both are way too full. One drawer probably isn't going to solve the problem of over crowding but will hopefully help some! I'm thinking that the new drawer I will take things out of each that deal specifically with baking...maybe then we will be able to remember their new locations? Probably not! Woody fixed us salads for lunch...ate light so we could have my birthday Blizzard treat after lunch...we had another of those DQ coupons for buy one get one free for my birthday and the date to use it by was the 17th...so it was time to "use it or lose it!" It was a rather cold day to get a very cold dessert...but we sacrificed!!! I had just finished my Blizzard when I heard little feet (after the squeak of the front door) on the stairs. Isaac and Joseph had come back over to play with the play doh. I got everything organized during this visit and by the time they headed home I had the play doh items all neatly put away in the tub. At that point I was ready to land in my chair for a rest! Woody bundled up really well to head to the prayer room late this afternoon. It is going to be really cold here tonight...into the teens...time to let faucets drip probably. I have my curtains all closed to attempt to keep as much of the warm air in as possible...or is it keep cold air out? Whichever, every little bit helps. No snow for us in the blizzard to the north...but definitely the jet stream has dipped down from Canada and is delivering very cold temps. Brrrrrrrr! It is already 28 degrees. I feel it in my bones! Woody's main accomplishment today was to get our taxes ready and signed and sent off. Good job done for another year!

No comments:

Post a Comment