Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The Ides of March

The computer isn't being very cooperative this evening. It has taken 45 min. to get to this point in tonight's blog. So I will write quickly in case it decides to be even more uncooperative! I had school this morning with Isaac and Joseph and then read with Elijah, Esther, Joy and Abigail. Isaac and Joseph have started having school at the same time and it is working out pretty well. Woody did his usual Wednesday grocery shopping at Aldis and Krogers. I had enough of a break between Joy and Abigail's reading times that I was able to put away most of the groceries upon his return. I didn't follow my usual Wednesday afternoon routine as we didn't work in the church library today. It is Spring Break for Tullahoma City Schools and the church is having abreviated office hours and our work time would have been cut short so we decided to take a Spring Break from the library. After lunch Esther and Elijah came over to enjoy the new play doh that Isaac and Joseph made yesterday. While Woody walked his four miles, I took a nap...still trying to get used to the new time, I think! Woody got a good deal on corned beef so I made another New England Boiled Dinner for tonight's supper...the meat cooked while I napped. Then I was rested enough to prepare the veggies after my nap! So we enjoyed our second St. Patty's Day dinner of this year and...it isn't even St. Patrick's Day yet. Looks like we will have enough leftovers to eat this meal on St. Patrick's Day also. At this point in the day we once again are settling in for a quiet evening in this Dorrell household. I got the flowers in tonight's photo from Nathan, Kathy and family for my birthday. The poppy plant had one flower when they gave it to me and today I realized that another had opened. The blooms are so pretty...the petals look like they are made of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment