Monday, March 27, 2017

More Storms Predicted

We have already had a storm roll through and they say that we aren't out of the woods yet that there are probably more to come before the evening is over. Some of these storms have been producing large hail. I heard it reported that one place in Tennessee had tennis ball hail. I can very easily have hail left out of storms! We had a lot of damage a few years back due to a hail storm...had to replace some of the new siding that we had just had done and also ended up with a new roof due to that storm. So the thoughts of large hail sort of makes me shudder! Woody worked in the yard early in the day and a little more in the afternoon. He got his four-mile walk in this morning trying to avoid the rain that was coming. He went to Life Care and had Bible study with Jeff this morning also. I had school with six this morning...Isaac and Joseph had their preschool time together again (the new norm), then Elijah, Esther, and Abigail read with me, and then Joy came over for her long time. She completed her skirt. Elijah came over after lunch for his long time. He played the Pizza Co. Osmo game and also did coding with Osmo, and then we read another chapter in the book we are reading together. Joy came back over after she finished with her school work next door and tried the skirt on with the blouse that I had made her to go with it. She did a great job with her skirt and now between the two of us she has a new outfit! I think that she was pretty pleased when she wore it back home to show everyone. I decided that today was the day to stew a chicken so did that, deboned it, and made chicken stock. While things cooking I "degermed" the kitchen sink a job of necessity when I do a chicken like this. That was about all the energy that I could muster for today! We are now settling in for the evening...pretty much the same ol', same ol'! Now if we can just avoid bad storms! Here's a zoomed in photo of the above barn:

No comments:

Post a Comment