Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Good Day for Ducks and Boats!

Lots of rain today...not the best day for me to drive out of town. Me, who doesn't like to drive much anyway...and especially don't like to drive in bad weather. Woody "thought" that I could get to my destination before it set in...but wrong...started pouring not long after I got out of town. One good thing was that it was a back road and most folk were wise and stayed off that road due to the inclement weather, so I was pretty much alone for my little trip. A downside was that a good portion of this road is very curvy with lots of ups and downs and places for standing water. But I made it to the little tea room in Bell Buckle and had a good time with ten of the ladies in my Sunday School class. I am becoming quite the "tea party" person...twice to this tea room in the last couple of weeks! The drive home wasn't quite as harrowing as the drive there. It rained most of the way home, but no where near as hard as on the way there. Tonight's photo is taken just as I was getting onto the one-way bridge over the Duck River. I stopped, checked to make sure no one was coming, rolled down my window, and quickly took a picture. The river was running quite high...much more rain and it will be running over the bridge and folk will have to turn around! I was very glad when this little outing came to an end and I pulled back into our driveway. The rain has pretty much kept Woody in the house today. He did walk to the prayer room at church after supper and has yet to return. After I got home, I decided to start on a little sewing project that I have been "meaning" to start for a while. So far it is turning out to my liking. Don't know if this will be a "continue-to-sew" kind of evening or a "read-in-my-chair" kind of evening! Whatever, I am just glad to be in the house...safe and dry!

No comments:

Post a Comment