Saturday, March 11, 2017

Spring One Day...

Spring one day...winter the next! The top picture shows Woody's attempt at not having to scrape/shovel the front steps in the morning. Note that the burlap is already pretty covered with icy precip. The second picture shows what it was starting to look like just before the sun went down. It has been a mixed bag of rain, freezing rain, and snow. Guess we will see in the morning if we are the ones who just get a dusting or if we are the ones who get an inch or two. It is right at freezing now and is supposed to drop down into the mid-twenties over night. Brrrrrrrr! Woody did his usual Saturday errands--library, Aldis and Walmart. He went on his walk before lunch trying to get ahead of precipitation. It was quite cold for his walk and he had to bundle up to head out. He made a stop to see one of his deacon family shut-ins. He visited for a few minutes and then continued on his walk. I have done a little of this and a little of that today...some cleaning...mainly dusting and then did some sewing. I did complete the sewing project that I had been working on...a zippered pouch for our Sunday School treasury. The pouch we had been using had seen better days so I decided that it was time to replace it. I have also been working on getting our clocks moved ahead one hour. I still have my watch to fix and one other clock that is upstairs. I think that everything else (laptop, iPad and probably my phone) will set itself at 2am. I will have to set clocks in the cars when I am in them next. At this point in the evening I am very confused when I look at a clock and it says an hour later than it really is! Of course, it would probably be just as well to start believing the time they say right now! This is always a hard time change to get used to. We are all settled in hoping to stay warm inside despite the cold temps outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment