Saturday, March 4, 2017

Ta-Da!!!

At last I can say that the undecorating and redecorating is complete...and, I can stand in the kitchen door and look through the dining room on into the living room and there isn't anything else that needs to be done. I can now sit in the living room and sip a cup of tea and enjoy the room back in its normal mode. Just before coming in to blog, Woody and I carried down the last item...the model boat that my grandfather made of the USS Constitution...it is a two person job...one to carry the boat and the other to carry the stand. I placed the stand and Woody placed the boat and the mantel was complete also. Now on to everyday things that need to be done around the house...some that have been ignored because I was "stove up" for so long with gout and part because I was concentrating on getting decorations put away. Now...no more excuses for letting everyday chores go...other than just not doing them! Woody did his usual Saturday errands...the library, Aldis, and Walmart plus a stop at Lowes. He has spent quite a bit of time in the yard today...planting and cleaning the yard up...his exercise for the day. We are both ready to settle in for a quiet Saturday evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment