Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Blue Bird Day

Our blue birds have started to come back to their dead branch perch...right outside our bedroom window in the front yard! Perfect place for me to get some blue bird pics. Their bird house had fallen over and is now up again...so hoping that they decide to be our bird house renters again this year. Tonight's picture is from several years ago...but I took a couple of pictures of one sitting on or close to that very branch today...I just haven't uploaded them from camera to computer yet. I had a lazy morning...no school as the children were occupied with something else. Woody ran errands this morning...Credit Union, Aldis, and Kroger. I caused him to have a delay at the Credit Union. Last night I guess my debit card got hacked...but Credit Union was on top of it, as they called very soon after the transaction attempted to go through. It happened in Mountain Time and I am very much in Central Time. When I got the call Woody was at the prayer room. As soon as he got home, he checked things out in our account and sure enough there was a rather large transaction to Apple. Woody called the Credit Union's 800 number and got the transaction stopped which also put a block on my card. At his stop at the Credit Union this morning, he got things straightened out the rest of the way...including getting me a new debit card. While he was running his errands, I got a call from Apple checking to see if I had made a purchase last night. I am pleased that both Credit Union and Apple were on top of things. The transaction was made from California. I asked the Apple rep who called just what it was that I hadn't bought! It was for a highfaluton I-Phone. He said that it is a red flag to them when a card holder is from one state and the transaction is coming from another state...especially when the states are far apart. All I can say is "all's well that ends well!" After lunch I headed to the church library and worked for a couple of hours. We had quite a lot of maintenance (check ins and outs and reshelving)due to not going in last week. While I was at the library, Woody took a four-mile walk. He has also worked some in the yard today. I came home and worked a little more on my sewing project. We are now settled in for an "as usual" quiet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment