Wednesday, April 5, 2017

And, The Wind Doth Blow!

The wind is really blowing. When I looked out the window to see what was happening, I was met with this beautiful sunset! I guess the winds are blowing the storm clouds away. Of the storms that have been happening today across the South, we were pretty much missed...only a little thunder, a little hail, and very little rain. We did have a tornado warning (which means one has been spotted on the ground), but I think that it was in another part of our county. The siren didn't sound very long for us. Woody and I both went downstairs and headed towards our safe place...the downstairs bathroom which has no windows. I did stand in the bathroom for a few minutes...Woody never did. Woody took his four-mile walk early this morning...getting ahead of predicted storms for the day. I had school this morning on the usual Wednesday schedule. Abigail had her long time and she finished with her step-by-step directions of "How to make a zippered bag." Then we started catching up her sewing notebook. Woody headed off to Aldis and Kroger mid morning. I put away the groceries after Abigail finished her sewing time. I ate a quick lunch and headed to the church to work in the library for a couple of hours. Donna, Fran, and I accomplished quite a bit with a new book order and I got the printer to print (a dilemma that I left last week). Woody was working in the yard when I got home. I came home with the intention to make Chicken Zoodle Soup (zucchini noodles instead of pasta noodles), but I just didn't have it in me to do it. Headed to my chair and have been listening to the wind whistle around the house. Woody is challenging the old computer to a game of Scrabble. I am about to head back to my chair and do some reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment