Friday, April 28, 2017

Memory Lane

This morning I awakened much earlier than usual and when I woke up I decided that I wanted to go look at Zillow (for those who don't know this is a cyber real estate web site). The other day one of my friends on Facebook happened to mention to me that my parents' home was up for sale. This is the second owner since my mother sold it...so many changes. This area in Glendale, AZ is now a historical district and there are shops in many of the homes. Daddy had his law office at the far end of this house and later my sister shared that space with him and had a gift shop. The little shops are falling by the wayside one by one and I guess that "our" house has fallen into that category. The entire house has been turned into a gift shop...so lots of walls, doorways, etc. have been changed. My sister and I have been looking at the pictures that have been posted on Zillow. Lots of memories...I didn't live in that house all that long as they bought the house my first year of college and I married Woody a couple of years later. But we as a family have visited and stayed in this house many, many times. Cheryl and I spent time on the phone today looking at the pictures that are posted on Zillow...she in AZ and I in TN...long distance viewing! We finally got all the rooms figured out. Tonight's photo I snapped on one of our visits after Mother moved in with Cheryl...so it is not exactly the way it looked when we lived there and doesn't look like it does at present. I will say that it has been kept up very well. It's always a bit sad to see a house you once lived in all run down. I'm wishing that I lived a bit closer so I could go walk through it. The last time that I was in it, it was a shop but the entire house hadn't become a shop so we could only go into a few of the rooms when we went in "to look at the shop." I think that tonight's picture was taken the year that I went into the shop and "checked out" out how things looked (that was Nov. 2010). Besides looking at pictures online of my old house, I continued with my sewing. I did finish my top last evening after I blogged. Today I made a skirt to complete the outfit. And, I've started preparing to cut out another skirt. Woody has had an M&M day = Mulching and Mowing = his exercise of choice for the day. We have just returned from Elijah's baseball game. The other team won...but our boys really did a good job...lots of hits...Elijah made two hits...scored both times and got an RBI. Several of the boys on his team who hadn't gotten hits before got hits tonight...it's so much fun to see the excitement/amazement over a first hit! So we have had a bit of late (for us) evening...not often are we out and about past 8pm! The neighbors (Nathan & Kathy) had a great yard sale today...it continues tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment