Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Last April Tuesday

Where is the year going? I can't believe that April is almost over. When I realized what the date was today...I then realized that Christmas Day is just eight months away. I'm sure those months will fly by, too! Isaac came over to spend the morning while the rest of the family headed to the church...his mommy to a Bible study and his daddy and siblings to practice juggling. He rode over on his horse and then the horse "decided" to sit and listen to him read! Isaac did several math activities with Magformers and then just built various structures with the Magformers for a while. At a point he remembered that he needed to do his "pay job." He got the Dirt Devil and vacuumed our stairs and the carpet right in front of the front door (base of the stairs). He got everything put away and then got his pay. This time we didn't stay just so busy that he forgot about having a snack. He snacked and then came back upstairs and played some more in the school room. I got up and put in some sewing time before school started. Then after lunch I sewed some more. My top is coming along. I am to another part that needs to be hand basted so will do that as soon as I blog. Woody took the car to be worked on and then walked home...a pretty good hike...longer than his usual 4-miles! Elijah had a make-up game this evening. They started out the game at 0-6. Other team had the six...and, the other team won, but not without Elijah's team getting back in the game and making a bunch of good hits and scoring several runs. In the fifth inning Elijah's team couldn't make up their deficit (can only get five runs in an inning) so the game was called, but the coaches decided that they would play on and let the boys have the fun and experience. On the way home, Woody stopped at the church and got out to go to the prayer room. I took over at the wheel and drove the car home. Woody just walked back in the door from walking home from the prayer room. He has definitely gotten his exercise in today! He also continued weeding and mulching...now on a different garden...the joint garden in the front yard that Nathan and family share with us as it is on both sides of the property line. Our doorbell rang a few minutes ago and it was Joy and Esther delivering the donuts that we had ordered...a fund raiser for the girls' softball league. I warmed up my helping of left over casserole and ate that and then went down and made myself a cup of tea and warmed up one of the donuts! Yum! I usually refrain from glazed donuts because they happen to be one of the things that can cause recurrence of my old gall bladder pains...no gall bladder since I was 24...but can still get the pain (no fair/fun)...which I do try to avoid...but couldn't resist "just one donut!" I hope that I won't be sorry! Did taste good, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment