Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Wonderful Wednesday

Woody continues to work a lot out in the yard. Today he met his goal by getting the last of the leaves out of the long ornamental garden that runs along our driveway. I went out for inspection a little while ago and pronounced that it looked good! This morning I just had school with Isaac and Joseph as their parents had planned a surprise family picnic. Their whole family headed off to Tims Ford State Park (just down the road from us) and spent some time hiking, fishing, and picnicking. I saw some pictures on Facebook that showed the fish that Joy and Esther caught.Woody headed off mid morning to Kroger and Aldis to do our mid week shopping. I managed to get my skirt cut out before heading to the church to work in the library for a couple of hours. I came home and rested for a bit before going down and making a favorite recipe of my mother's...Baked Hominy Casserole. I also used my airfryer to cook a steak...it did a great job. I'm wondering why it took so long for me to "really" use the airfryer. Last night we had chicken tenders that I breaded and cooked in it...very good and crispy. So far the food that I have cooked in it has turned out quite good and it doesn't take very long. From what I read it cooks like a convection oven...with air moving around the food all through the cooking time. It has been a beautiful spring day. I even sat on the porch for a little while after supper. The birds have discovered the new feeder/wind chimes that Melany, Wade, Erin and Alex gave me for my birthday. I finally got it hung up the other day. I was glad to see a little bird eating from it this afternoon. We are now settling in for the evening...another typically quiet one for our household.

No comments:

Post a Comment