Saturday, April 29, 2017

Summery April Saturday

It was a rather warm day...got into the upper 80's...and I imagine that Kathy and crew thought that it was even hotter as they were outside most of the day doing their yard sale. From all accounts they had a very successful two-day sale...lots sold! Isaac spent a good part of the morning over here. We got busy and did some cleaning. He had been bugging me about needing to vacuum our bedroom floor...which gets neglected when I am sewing because I drop lots of threads, bits of cloth, etc. when I am sewing...so I usually wait till a sewing spree ends. But today I decided would be a good day to vacuum that room while Isaac was over here. Isaac was a big help. He vacuumed part of the time and he also did some dusting for me. We also did a load of towels (which reminds me they are still in the dryer!). And, I cleaned the downstairs bathroom...about my limit to do in one day when it comes to cleaning! Woody did his usual Saturday errands...library, Aldis, WalMart. His exercise of the day was continuing with mowing the yard. After lunch, I deboned some chicken breasts and got them ready for the freezer. While I was doing that Isaac and Joseph came over and played in the living room. When I finished and went to check on them they had put all the toys away. Happy Grammy! The boys and I then went over to check on whether the yard sale was winding down. They hadn't totally finished, but Kathy was bagging up the clothes that hadn't sold. So I helped for a little while bagging up clothes. After I came home I just sat for a few minutes just to cool off and rest. I cut out two more skirts this morning and then late this afternoon I sewed one of them together. After I publish the blog, I plan to hem the skirt and then thread the elastic through the casing and another skirt will be done. Woody is downstairs relaxing watching TV, and either reading or doing a crossword puzzle. We are both settled in for a quiet evening...typical for a Saturday evening for us. During a break from our work this morning, Isaac and I sat on the front porch and watched for birds to come to the feeders. A little downy woodpecker came to feed at the suet feeder. Before we went outside to watch birds come to the feeder, we stood inside and watched a little tufted titmouse come to the feeder. Isaac thought that was pretty neat to see him fly in and get a seed and then go sit on a branch and hold the seed with its feet and crack and eat the seed...then come back for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment