Wednesday, June 21, 2017

I Was Served!

And the way was served wasn't at a tea party...as you can tell by tonight's photo!  All I can say is that this is a first...I have never been subpoenaed before.  Looks like I will be driving over to Manchester next week.  They had an incident the day before yesterday at the building where I have to go...two sherrifs were shot and injured by an escaping prisoner who was there for a hearing.  I guess that the building will probably be safer next week than it was earlier this week!  I now know the name of our intruder. The sherrif who served me with the subpoena said when he handed me the paper and told me that I had been served...that he guessed that I knew the person named on the paper.  I told him that this was the first time that I had heard or seen his name, but that I assumed that he was the person who had broken into our house last week.  After the formality of serving me the paper, Woody, the sherrif, and I had a pleasant talk.  He just lives a couple of streets over from us and he was hoping that our neighborhoods weren't going to start having problems with crime.  We also talked about the incident at the Coffee County Justice Center where a prisoner shot at two sherrif deputies injuring both and escaping and ultimately turning the gun on himself and killing himself  and  we also talked about two escaped prisoners from Georgia who had escaped after killing two officers...those escapees ended up in a nearby town and held a couple hostage for several hours before stealing a car and going over to another community not far away and they ultimately gave themselves up to a civilian.  Too much crime! TOO CLOSE!!! Anyway, I guess I will have a "day in court."

Woody walked early this morning.  He included the local Farmer's Market on his walk and came home with terragon to add to our herb garden.  He filled a pot with dirt and I planted our latest herbal addition.  He also cut oregano this morning as it was starting to go to seed.  I will need to dry it...just haven't had time since he cut it. He worked in the yard some this morning.

I continue to plug along with the pillows for our front porch. I got another one made this morning and it is now outside on the rocker that I cleaned before placing it.  Just one more pillow and then I will be finished with the front porch sewing and cleaning project.  This afternoon Donna and I worked in the library for a couple of hours.  We finished reading the shelves...so for the moment books are in their correct places on the shelves. I came home and rested for a little while and then made Caprese Salads for our supper.

I guess it is time for me to go load the dishwasher.  Happy first day of SUMMER! It's been rather warm and quite humid here as a starter to this season.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment