Wednesday, June 28, 2017

They're Lined Up Waiting!

On my way upstairs to blog, I opened the front door to scare off a squirrel that was IN one of the bird feeders...and lo and behold on the branch that leads to the feeder there are two more lined up waiting their turn.  I scared them all off...at least for a moment.  I guess I have to sit on the front porch to keep them away...they don't often approach when one of us is sitting on the porch.  This afternoon I scared one off when I was on my way to work in the church library.  As soon as I got in the car some of the little birdies were flying in to be able to get back to the feeders...I had scared their feeder intruder off so they were coming in quickly to get a seed or two!

Speaking of inturders...I will be heading to Manchester to answer my summons to testify against my home intruder.  Will let you know tomorrow night how that goes!

Woody got up and walked early this morning.  He drove to the local farmer's market later in the morning...driving lets him get a bit more produce than if he walks!  Today he did find some "early girl" tomatoes and some corn.  He has also worked in the yard today.  He is continuing with his mowing.

I ended up spending most of my time today cooking.  I made a potato salad this morning.  I managed to get it completed before heading off to work in the church library for a couple of hours.  I also harvested enough basil leaves to make pesto.  I made the pesto after I got home from working in the library.  I read about using pesto in homemade bread...so bread making plans in the near future...unless I decide to use today's pesto on pasta!  I was so "done-in" after the pesto and library and the earlier potato salad making that I told Woody I was going upstairs to rest for a while...well, rest I did...I slept pretty soundly for a while.  As I left the kitchen, I told Woody that I had to go rest and that I would be back down to load my pesto dishes mess into the dishwasher.  Well, when I got back downstairs for a late supper (Woody ate while I snoozed...and approved the potato salad.), Woody had cleaned up all the mess.  I have now eaten...and the potato salad did taste quite good...the first potato salad of the season always tastes the best!

It has been another beautiful day.  I think that the temps and humidity are supposed to start going back up tomorrow.  These last days have just been ideal.

I guess I'll go see if I am needed to scare away any squirrel scavengers/intruders before I settle in with a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment