Wednesday, June 7, 2017

It's a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood!

 As Woody said, "They just don't make days much more perfect than today."  The perfect day for him to finish up weeding and mulching the shared flower garden between our house and Nathan and Kathy's. He also said, "I wonder what I will do tomorrow!"  He has been concentrating on getting this garden finished for such a long time that he hasn't had many other plans for what to do next in the yard.

He went on two walks today.  He took one this morning and ended up cutting it short when he found a turtle that he brought back to the grandchildren.  He went on his second walk after supper and this
 time walked his full four miles.  He figures that he walked a total of six miles on both walks.

I have the first pillow for the front porch stuffed.  I wanted to stuff it and see if I liked the size before I made another the same size.  I have been looking at sites online that sell outdoor pillows deciding on what size to make the ones for our porch.  I found some called "lumbar pillows" and that is the size that I made first.  Those sounded like the ones that I want for the love seat glider...to go behind my back when I sit in it.  I will make two that size and then several others that are a larger size.

I went to the church library after lunch and worked for a couple of hours.  We continued to check to see if the books are in their proper place and I got started on our next book order.  I checked the computer to make sure that we didn't have any of the books that I was ordering.

I came home and fixed our supper.  While it was in the oven, I went outside and deadheaded some of the flowers, and attempted to take pictures of the finished garden.  It wasn't the best time of the day to take them due to the direction that the sun  was coming from.  I used the shade of Nathan's house to help me take them.  This is a hard garden to take pictures of...it is much prettier in person.  The pinks, blues, purples and oranges just don't show up as well as I want them to.  Graham is going to attempt to take pictures of it from up in the air with his drone tomorrow.  We'll see how well it photographs from the air.  I'll share some of Graham's pictures if they turn out and we figure out how to transfer them to me.




No comments:

Post a Comment