Thursday, June 29, 2017

They Didn't Keep Me!

I will have to admit that when I first got to the Criminal Justice Building in Manchester, TN (our county's county seat), that I wasn't sure if I would be able to come home before it was time to blog tonight!  I guess they had double or more cases on the docket today due to last week's shooting in this building.  They closed the building down and didn't hold court after last week's shooting that ended up wounding two sheriffs and the inmate taking his own life.  So today there were EVER so MANY on the list.  They had so many cases being heard that they could only bring down so many of the prisoners at a time because they didn't have room for them!  The judge read through the list of people who were going to be "taken care of" today and it seemed to be endless!  "My invader" was listed.  Then the judge talked to some of the prisoners who didn't have representation and told them about their sentences and asked whether they wanted a court assigned lawyer...and, most of these did.  THEN the judge put the court into recess and thus began the time of lawyers talking to their clients.  (There has to be a more efficient way!) There was no indication as to how long the recess would be.  I did finally hear a lawyer say two names and indicated that they were witnesses...so I had hope that I would eventually be called to talk to someone before "my invader" was brought before the judge.  And, sure enough...more than 1 1/2 hours later I was called up by "my invader's" court appointed lawyer and he told me that he was going to try to find a DA assistant so they could both talk to me at the same time.  And, that is what happened.  I was called into a conference room that was just off from the courtroom.  They both talked to me and I told them what happened.  Then the DA assistant told me that if it was okay with me that this is what they wanted to do...have him serve more time in jail...but then have him enter some form of substance abuse rehab for part of the time.  I told them that sounded good to me and they told me that I was free to leave...or that I could stay.  I headed out pretty quickly! I was just as glad not to have to see "my invader" again!  Woody drove me over and waited in the car in the parking lot so I was glad that he didn't have to stay all day!  We were back in Tullahoma before noon.
 
We stopped at the DQ for a treat on our way home.  We hadn't had blizzards in a while and I had gotten a buy one get one free coupon the other day so we took advantage of it.

Woody went on his four-mile walk a little after we got back home.  Today was more humid than it has been. Not long after he got back home from his walk we had a downpour and then later in the afternoon we had another downpour.  Happy yards and gardens once again!

We had pesto on pasta tonight as my plans for making bread tomorrow have changed since Melany, Wade and Erin are coming on Saturday to celebrate the 4th with us.  We have plenty of basil so I will make pesto again and make bread with it that time.


No comments:

Post a Comment